Metal-Free Crown & Bridgework
In todays modern dental practices, most dentists as well as patients are moving away from traditional crown and bridgework, as the high cost of precious metals are causing huge influxes in the pricing.
Patient’s and dentists alike, have steered towards ceramic restorations, as they allow patients to save money and give them a far more natural look and feel. Ceramic or porcelain restorations allow for a much better fit as well as add to the patient’s comfort.
What are Crowns and Bridges?
A crown is a cap that resembles a patient’s natural tooth. They can help straighten a tooth, when a tooth is badly chipped and can no longer hold a filling. Crowns are essentially used to attach bridges as well, protecting a weak tooth from excess breakage and helping to strengthen an already chipped or broken tooth. Crowns help cover up a chipped, broken or discolored tooth.
A bridge is used to literally bridge a gap in your teeth, created by the absence of one or more teeth. Bridges are made up of two or more dental crowns on either side of the gap. The outer teeth are used to anchor one or more dental implants (covering the gap) and taking the place of your missing teeth.
Benefits of Non-Metal Crowns & Bridges
- Low Cost: Precious metals raise the cost of these implants by a lot.
- Natural Look: Materials such as ceramic or porcelain, are white in color, and can easily resemble your natural teeth.
- Match: Materials like porcelain can be easily shaped and altered to match any size, shape, texture, and color. Therefore, it provides you with a far more natural fit with your teeth.
- Durable: Dental grade porcelain and ceramics are quite strong and durable. They can last for decades without needing to be changed like certain metal appliances.
- Function: Custom-made crowns made of these materials provide the best fit and coverage for the damaged tooth or teeth.
Crowns and bridges are installed in the event you have missing, damaged, chipped, or broken teeth that require correction. They provide a functional as well as an aesthetic fix for patients with only a few damaged or missing teeth. If you feel you are a good candidate for dental crowns or bridges, make sure to contact Affordable Dental Care today.